- Under 70.000 SCNT if SCA deem it necessary or if
draft exceeds 47 ft, one tug escort
- Between 70.000 - 90.000 SCNT, one tug escort
- Over 90.000 SCNT, two tugs escort
- Over 130.000 SCNT, one tug escort
- Ships with beam 218 - 233 ft, one tug. If beam
over 233 ft, two tugs
- Towed scrap vessels 80.000 SCNT and over, one tug
- LPG/LNG vessels above 25.000 SCNT will be escorted
by one tug (except if gas free).
If tank on deck completely separated from cargo
tanks with maximum tonnage 180 its will be
considered as Gas free.
Exemptions from tug escort:
- Laden if carrying other than LPG cargo.
- Ballast (NGF) but after a laden voyage with cargo
other than LPG.
- If in ballast must present a Gas Free Certificate
issued by a recognized class or locally authorized